Denise Chamblee, MD
Hampton Roads Pediatric Ophthalmology
Dr. Denise Chamblee is a Board Certified and fellowship trained pediatric ophthalmologist. She joined Hampton Roads Eye Associates in 1993. Dr. Chamblee’s education and training includes:
- B.A. University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX
- M.D. University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX
- Transitional Internship, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK
- Pediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship, Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, DC with the “Father of Pediatric Ophthalmology,” Dr. Marshall Parks.
Dr. Chamblee is involved with the American Academy of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (AAPOS) and the Children’s Eye Foundation. With these organizations, she is currently working on a national level public service project to ensure children have access to eye care and that ocular conditions are detected early. If undetected or untreated, many conditions can have substantial long-term or irreversible implications for the quality of life of a child and their family. She is also a Board Member of the Ophthalmic Mutual Insurance Company and An Achievable Dream Academy.
Awards & Honors
Dr. Chamblee has been voted one of the “Best Docs” numerous times. She is also the recipient of the Community Builders Award given by The Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons of the Commonwealth of Virginia. This award is in recognition of Outstanding Service to the Community. In addition, Dr. Chamblee was awarded the YWCA Woman of Distinction Award in 2012, and the Doctor of Dreams in 2010.
“There is something innately beautiful about days filled with children. Their laughter, hugs and innocence keep me smiling, refreshed and focused on what is really important.” says Dr. Chamblee. In her spare time, Dr. Chamblee enjoys kite surfing, hiking, snowboarding, golf, and particularly spending time with her family and friends.