Matthew Reed, MD
Hampton Roads Retina Specialist
Dr. Matthew Reed is a Board Certified, fellowship-trained retina surgeon. He joined Hampton Roads Eye Associates in 2006 and specializes in the medical and surgical management of potentially blinding conditions of the retina and vitreous, and offers the latest techniques in the treatment of macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and retinal detachment.
Dr. Reed has authored various publications and book chapters. He is also a reviewer for the Archives of Ophthalmology, the Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, and the British Journal of Ophthalmology.
When he is not practicing ophthalmology, Dr. Reed enjoys playing golf and spending time with his wife and their two children.
Education & Training
- B.S. in Biology and Philosophy, magna cum laude, Muhlenberg College
- M.D. New Jersey Medical School
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Lankanau Hospital, Wynnewood, PA
- Ophthalmology Residency, New Jersey Medical School
- Surgical/Medical Retina Fellowship, University of Wisconsin